Friday, December 11, 2009

Working it

I work out to lose weight.  I do what they tell you not to, and exercise on the same machine (the elliptical) every morning.  I know I should shake it up and work different muscles every week, but I like dancing on the elliptical to some great music on my iPod.  I figure that I don't need to change it up until either my muscles start to feel sore or I reach my goal weight (and want to build muscle). 

For every five pounds I lose, I try to change the settings on the elliptical.  Sometimes I do, and sometimes it's still too difficult.  I know that I need to increase my activity and decrease my caloric intake to compensate for my lower weight.  So, without trying to, I have increased my fitness level.

I started on the elliptical at a Level 8 incline and Level 6 resistance.  I am now at a 9 incline and 11 resistance.  And I am burning about the same amount of calories as I was 50 pounds ago - in the same amount of time - which is incredible!  It feels great to be more fit and healthy all the way around!

3 comments:

  1. As long as you are moving, that's all that matters! Eventually you may want to try new things, but as long as the elliptical challenges you and you feel like you can keep pushing yourself on it, stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for providing such valuable information and thanks for sharing this Business Promotion technique.

    ReplyDelete