Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekly Weigh-In (170.8)

Current weight: 170.8
Week's weight lost: -1.6
Total weight loss: 55.6


Despite the one and a half pound loss, today's weight is actually the highest of this last week's.  I've been hovering between 169.8 and 170.6, and was a little shocked at the 170.8 this morning.  But it is as it is, and it's still a pound a half less than last Monday!


As you might expect in a time when the legality of same-sex marriages is dubious, my week-long engagement has already produced some stress.  We're uncertain about our next steps, but hope to one day be legally married.  I have resorted to - you guessed it! - food, but made time yesterday to create individual serving sizes of all the yummies I bought this weekend.  


I like that my Lovely Lady thinks my individual serving sizes are "cute" rather than what I feared - annoying and wasteful.  (Afterall, that is a lot of zip lock bags I'm using!)  Her ambivalence toward food, unlike my greedy "Oh my goodness this tastes so good so let's keep eating no matter how full I am", has been a great role model to have around.  It's not that she doesn't care about food, but she doesn't need good food to make her happy.  Consciously and subconsciously, I have been noticing how food has played a different role in my life since we started living together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment