Thursday, September 17, 2009

Small problem, easy solution

For the first time in a long time I’ve been feeling more energized by my weight loss journey. It’s all mental - I believe I can do it, so I do it. Trying to make all of my meals 400 calories has helped me a lot, and ironically led me to stop counting calories – in a good way. I know when I go over my 400 calorie limit, and have been taken to only counting the excess. Yesterday I ate two too many cookies, adding about 400 calories over my goal of 1,200. So I hit the gym last night. Small problem, easy solution. Sometimes it’s hard to see it that way.

Biggest Loser is back, and I have started recording it now that I have a DVR. There are the same problems as before – the trainers aren’t kind, exercise is seen as torture rather than fun, it’s overly dramatic, and there’s a ton of competition – but I still like it a lot. I find it motivating. I have always been fat and unable to shop in regular stores, but some of the contestants are fat and are on the verge of not being able to shop in fat people stores. It’s really motivating to see them get it done. I am energized when they fall and get back up, and by the energy they bring to weight loss. The Biggest Loser was a great thing to watch before I hit the gym myself last night.

1 comment: