Saturday, February 27, 2010

How can I challenge myself?

Kristen of Low Fat Dressing made a great comment the other day when I was talking about being unmotivated.  She suggested a food challenge to spice up my weight loss routine.  I'm currently in hyper regret mode, and trying to simply take back all those calories I've eaten the past few weeks.  My goal is to create a daily 1,100 calorie deficit until Monday, but I have no idea what comes after that.

I love this idea of a challenge of some kind, but I don't know what I should do.  I've been thinking of trying to start a Biggest Loser type of group here in SF.  Something where everyone puts in $15 at the beginning, and whoever has the largest percentage of weight loss at the end of the time gets the bounty.  It wouldn't really be about the money, but the accountability and having a group to meet with.

Or I could start that fruit, nut, and veggie diet I wrote about before, but I'm afraid I'd grow tired of the diet rather than it bringing excitement to my life.

I know I need to get back to my morning workouts.  I've been exercising after work mostly, and it's not the same.  I need the structure in my life, to remind myself on a daily basis that I am losing weight.  When I work out, I use that time to concentrate on my next goal, the goals I've accomplished, and how I'm going to make the day the best it can be.  It's been nice to sleep in, but I think I need my morning mantra and accountability again.

But working out has always been the easy part for me.  I don't know what to do about the food.  Especially since I now have homemade hamentashen lying around my house.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent article! We will be linking to this great article on our site.Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete