Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekly weigh in (171.8) and diet

Last week's weight: 171.0
This week's weight: 171.8
This week's weight lost: +.8
Total weight lost: 54.6

I was in the 160s last week, and I'm again 2 pounds away from that goal.  While frustrating, I feel less bothered by it than I would in other weeks.  I'm eager to again get on my goal line (I would need to be 170.0 today), but - I hate to admit this - I don't care.

I want to lose weight.  I want to be a smaller size.  I want to get to my goal weight.  But I'm also so tired of tracking my calories.  I'm tired of caring about weight loss.  I know that the only thing that keeps me on track is watching my calories, and I've been slacking on that.  I need to get re-motivated. 

The first two weeks after my injury, I was motivated because I knew I simply had to stay within my calorie budget to loose weight.  It was something new, but now I'm bored with being super vigilant.

So I need a change.

I think I want to go on a vegetable, fruit, and nut diet for a week.  A friend of mine is on a similar diet due to health reasons, but I think it would be a great opportunity to try something different and see what only eating the natural foods would feel like. 

I think I'm going to try this in two weeks.  This weekend is v day and I don't want to impose on my honey.  Next week is a major work event that will occupy my during lunch and dinner.  But the week following, I think I may try this. 

In the meantime, I've dropped a size and am now a size 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment