Monday, July 6, 2009

Talking the talk

A little irony for you: the week I start blogging about weight-loss is the week that I gain two pounds. It was foreseeable (even expected). Every time I go home I gain some weight due to the delicious cooking and eating out. Yet, I've often gone home and gained four pounds in two days, and this week was quite the reverse: only two pounds in four days!

I am definitely improving my eating habits, despite the weight gain. I am both dreading and looking forward to my vacation next week in San Diego. It is a test of my willpower. There will be no portion-controlled Lean Cuisine waiting in the freezer for me when I'm hungry. I will need to navigate the "real world" of food, and manage my own food addiction. I hope I can be somewhat successful. While I would love to say success would be to continue to lose weight while on vacation, I don't think that's possible for me at this time. If I do not gain weight the week I am gone, I will consider that a very big success.

1 comment: