Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Welcome

My last birthday, I made a commitment to myself: 52 pounds in 52 weeks. After gaining and losing weight my entire life, it was time to come up with a plan and stick to it.

My lowest weight that I can remember is 185, at age 14. The highest is 226 at age 20. Passing my 21st birthday, I wanted to best myself, and see what I can do.

For years I'd buy something barely too small, and say, "It'll fit when I lose weight", certain that the process would happen naturally - wouldn't my desire to weigh less just make it so?

My first year at Mills College I went on SparkPeople.com and lost about five pounds, weighing at the end of it 211. I was too embarrassed to continue my weight-loss process when I met my boyfriend A. A and I dated for two years, and in those two years I gained not only the five pounds I had lost, but an additional ten pounds.

The first time I realized I needed to do something about my weight - NOW - was when I looked at my college graduation photos. I was so happy to be there, but I hate those photos. I don't look like I think I do.

Before my January 7 birthday, I lost fifteen pounds and gained five back. I was 215 on my birthday, and I am now committed to lose an average of a pound a week until my 22nd birthday.

It is now the first of July, and I am just under my goal. I have lost 24 pounds in the 26 weeks. I am almost at the halfway point, and I am right on track.

I am currently breaking through a period of being unmotivated, and am making another commitment to myself: I will post here three times a week.

I am currently using a variety of tools. I log my calories in Spark People because that's the tool I've been using the longest. I am motivated by Calorie Counts' newsletters (from About.com). Lastly, I use Fat Secret's challenges as something to motivate me. (It helps to know that others will see my failures too, not just my psyche.)

1 comment:

  1. very interesting blog,nice information.your work is very excellent.

    ReplyDelete